Monday, September 29, 2008

i guess there's a first time for everything...

I don't know how this could have slipped my mind, but I forgot to include in my past post that on Saturday I saw my very first "neo-nazi parade". It was actually really scary, because one of their most hated groups are people from South America and I live with a Columbian family. There is ignorance EVERYWHERE!! Anyways, I decided to google neo nazis in Spain and a lot of times they have some sort of parade and proceed to a soccer game, which is exactly what this lot did. When they were at the soccer game they set off a couple of explosives but I don't think anyone died or got hurt. Spain is actually a REALLY racist country and with more and more immigration it's getting worse. Here is a site of a "former skin head" who is speaking at U of I. I got an email about it today...it was just a coincidence but stories like that are really interesting.

No comments: