Tuesday, September 16, 2008

how is this fair?!?!

okay...i feel like what's happening in my life is too good to be true. I LOVE it here.

This past weekend I went to Valencia, Spain with a group of about 10. Don't have pictures yet. On Friday we walked through a garden that is about 4 miles long and stretches throughout a good part of the city. At the end of it is the oceanarium, which is located right off the Mediterranean coast. On friday we went on a pub crawl which would have been really fun but i was SOOO tired. We got to sleep in on Saturday then we hit up the beaaaach!! The beach just doesn't get old to me...I'm scared that I will have to settle down somewhere where I always have the beach close by. That's neither here nor there. Anyways, the water was gorgeous and we swam really far out into the sea!!! Really far meaning about 1/3 of a mile out...but still!! It was scary!!! I love swimming though so it felt wonderful :) Saturday night we drank in a park (classy right?) but I really got to know the people in my group. it was a bonding night, for sure. Then we went out!!! We just don't stop. It was a late night, I was out until about 5 am.

So I have slept in my new piso for two nights so far!! I live with a woman named Mari, who I already told you is one of the sweetest women i've ever met!!! She's sooo caring and there to listen. Today she surprised me and let me eat with them!!! She's a great cook too. She made us some yummy stew, steak, rice, and friend bananas!!! YUMMMMYYYYY. She cooks better than i can, fo sho!

I also live with Mari's brother, Nelson, and their second cousin Ernesto. Me and Ernesto are closest in age and we've definitely been bonding. Today we bought some hotdogs (he loves hotdogs) and we're going to eat them later as a snack hahahaha. We also bought some dominoes and we played dominoes together!!! He told me today he was happy that I'm here because he finally has someone to hang out with. I feel so special!!! He said before he worked and went home but now he has someone to talk to!! AWWW :)

They are all really close though, and they're so open to include me. We talked together for like an hour at the lunch Mari made us, it was so fun! I think i might have even cracked a few jokes in spanish...who woulda thought?!?

I'm so happy to be here. I feel like I don't deserve any of this but I'm just going to go with the flow!!! I love you all and am anxious to hear how you are doing or if anything is new.


Please write whenever you get a chance :)
xoxo-
jess

1 comment:

MD said...

Good ole mommy dearest always leaving her comments! I'm so happy it's everything you hoped for! I still miss you, though!