Saturday, August 16, 2008

estoy aqui...

well my dream has FINALLY come true!!! I'm surrounded by people who are interested in different cultures and languages...as well as locals who are happy to help with anything you need! I've been here only for 12 hours and can already feel how genuinely nice the folks around here are. It was really hard to leave home for the first time, and truthfully I don't think my mind has fully grasped that I won't be home for the holidays, but I already love it. I'm with a great group of students who I'll be in class with and I have a month in the dorm before I need to find a new place to live. My thoughts on this so far are to just live with a family so i would be fully immersed plus have the "family" aspect that I will miss so much, but of course my feelings could change...stay tuned!!!

Barcelona is absolutely gorgeous...the weather today was sunny and warm but not too hot. I walked around today to the supermarket...i know this might sound stupid but it's really a shock when people start to speak spanish to you and just assume you know what they're saying. Thankfully I understood most everything as was able to get by just fine. It's SOOO fun talking to locals :)

Well i'm going to log off for now...I'm going to a huge festival tonight somewhere in town and I need to meet up with some friends! Please email me or comment!!

Miss you all! Please take care!

Love jess

1 comment:

MD said...

Of course the first comment is from MD herself.

So glad you arrived safely.

We miss you tons but we're so excited for your experience. Saying goodbye to you was soooooo difficult.

Now we can count the days until our visit and then until your return.

Love you so much!

xo,
Mom & Dad