Monday, August 25, 2008

Estas con queso....

For any of the highly motivated who wish to learn Spanish, that's a phrase to describe someone who is HIGHLY attractive. It literally means "you're with cheese". I thought it was pretty amusing!!

This weekend was really relaxed. The only super fun thing I did was go to the beach on Saturday morning with my friend Stephanie...it was awesome!! The beach was gorgeous and the water was perfffect :) I love living by the sea!! Beaches in Spain are quite different from any beach i've been on in the states...i will let you guess why. It was awkward though!!!

Good News!!! I found an apartment. I'll be living with a lady named Mary (pronounced Mah-ree). She's older and from Columbia but super sweet and SOOOO patient with my Spanish. I can tell we'll get along great. I will be living in a wonderful neighborhood that's also near the art museum which i'm super excited for!!! :D :D :D

I will take pictures next week of the beach and I know I still have to put pictures up of my school!!! I'll get on it I'm sorry!!!!

Thanks to all of you for the emails!! It means the world to me :)

Love,
Jess

2 comments:

Laura Thompson said...

Hi Jess,
I love your blog. It feels like I'm enjoying the trip with you. Keep it coming! Laura THompson

sue clary said...

Hi Jess
I am so jealous you went to the beach, summer has gone by too quickly. How wonderful you have the
sea close by, water is always calming to me when I am anxious. Hope your move in goes well, no fridge or big stuff, lucky!
keep sending notes etc, I love your blog.
Mrs. Clary